Varia US is committed to incorporating innovative, results-oriented, and sustainable real estate investment practices that produce life-enhancing financial, environmental, social, and governance (ESG) outcomes for our residents, investors, partners, and the communities in which our properties exist.
The Varia US ESG approach integrates the continuous pursuit of best practices in sustainable and responsible real estate investing that includes appropriate stakeholder engagement, governance, and risk management in accordance with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
Varia US’ strategy focuses on monitoring and benchmarking our ESG performance in alignment with the GRESB framework of industry best practices to tangibly demonstrate our leadership in the real estate industry to our stakeholders.
Learn more about how Varia US Properties promotes sustainability through our ESG Policy.
Board of Directors ESG Committee
The Varia US Board level ESG Committee is comprised of a direct delegation of members from the Varia US Board of Directors and is supported to achieve its goals by the Company’s Asset Manager.
ESG Committee Members
Varia US ESG Committee’s responsibilities and functions:
- Monitor the development of the Company’s ESG strategy.
- Assess climate risks and transition paths and supervise relevant initiatives and activities.
- Review the ESG budget and submit it to the BOD for its approval.
- Review the Company’s ESG policies and submit it to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Monitor the Company’s ESG policies and their implementation.
ESG Monitor and Review
- Monitor ESG reporting requirements.
- Monitor how all milestones and targets defined by ESG Strategy are reported to the Board of Directors and in the ESG Report.
- Review the ESG report and submit it to the Board of Directors’ approval.
- Report to the Board of Directors on a regular basis.
- Regular coordination with other Company’s committees and with Stoneweg Group ESG Committee.
More information on the Company’s activities, reporting, governance and how to contact us can be found here.
Asset Level Sustainability Practices
Implementation of the Varia US ESG Policy’s Sustainability Practices at the asset level is referred to our “Bottom-Up Approach” to ESG. Achieving success on issues like utility usage, renewable energy and emissions reduction does not happen without boardroom support, but that is just the beginning. It takes a continuous concerted effort from the Company’s asset management and site staff responsible for the day-to-day operations at each community, as well as the cooperation of the residents that choose to call these communities in which we invest their home.